Promotes lean muscle protein synthesis and improves natural human growth hormone release.
How do subscriptions work?
Never have to think about reorderingStay stocked with your favorite products
Edit your subscription anytimeEdit products, delivery schedule and more
Cancel when you want toEasily cancel, no questions asked
L-Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid found in muscle cells, comprising over 60% of skeletal muscle. Among 20 amino acids, glutamine provides the most versatility of amino acid metabolism and immune function and plays a vital role in intestinal health. However, glutamine needs can often be greater than its ability to produce it, therefore adequate intake and supplementation can be of great benefit.
Take 1 to 2 scoops with 10 oz (295ml) of water. Do not exceed 3 scoops in one day.
WHAT IS GLUTAMINE?
Glutamine is a naturally occurring amino acid that can be produced by your body, but is one of the most important supplements you need for physical training. This is due to the fact that the majority of your glutamine is stored in muscles, so a significant amount (~50%) can be lost after an intense workout.
This makes glutamine one of the most important supplements there is for those who visit the gym regularly or are bodybuilders. It has anti-catabolic effects to reduce muscle wasting and improve muscle anabolism, helps to hydrate muscle cells, improves immune function, boost growth hormone levels and increase glycogen storage.
HOW MANY SERVINGS OF GLUTAMINE CAN I TAKE PER DAY?
Start with 1 scoop per day, and if desired slowly work your way up to 2 scoops if you're able to tolerate it. Don't exceed more than 10g at a time, so if taking large amounts of Glutamine split it into 10g doses throughout the day.
WHAT TIME OF DAY SHOULD I TAKE GLUTAMINE?
Glutamine should be taken immediately post-workout as your intramuscular levels will be at their lowest, and it will have the greatest absorption and uptake at that time. On non-training days, it is best taken in the morning.
WHAT MAKES EHPLABS’ L-GLUTAMINE THE THE HIGHEST GRADE GLUTAMINE?
Here at EHPLabs, our scientists have worked tirelessly to create the highest quality of L-Glutamine - it is 100% pure pharmaceutical grade L-Glutamine with no added fillers or cheap bulking ingredients that some other supplements may have.
IS GLUTAMINE STACK SAFE WITH ANY OTHER PRODUCTS FROM THE EHPLABS RANGE?
Yes, our glutamine has been scientifically designed to be stack safe with all of our EHPLabs products.
I’M NEW TO THE GYM - IS GLUTAMINE ESSENTIAL TO MY PROGRESSION?
Being new to the gym, glutamine will be of large benefit to you as it will help you to maximise the effects of your workouts and help with your progression throughout your journey.
As it helps to prevent muscle breakdown, enhances growth hormone levels and helps to hydrate your muscle cells, it will assist you to achieve your goals and progress in a faster way than you would without it.
WHAT POSITIVE EFFECTS DOES GLUTAMINE HAVE FOR ME OUTSIDE OF THE GYM?
Glutamine is a crucial amino acid in your body and plays many roles. Even outside of the gym, glutamine is used by your body in high amounts during periods of stress, helps to improve immune function, supports digestive health, mental wellness and also helps to improve muscle glycogen stores independent of insulin.
1. Cruzat V, Macedo Rogero M, Noel Keane K, Curi R, Newsholme P. (2018). Glutamine: Metabolism and Immune Function, Supplementation and Clinical Translation. Nutrients, 10(11):1564. DOI: 10.3390/nu10111564.
2. Calder PC, Yaqoob P. (1999). Glutamine and the immune system. Amino Acids, 17, 227–24, https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01366922
3. Gleeson, M. (2008). Dosing and efficacy of glutamine supplementation in human exercise and sport training. The Journal of Nutrition, 138(10), 2045-2049, https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/138.10.2045S
4. Rao R., Samask G. (2012). Role of glutamine in protection of intestinal epithelial tight junctions. Journal of Epithelial Biology & Pharmacology, 5(1-7), 47-54, https://doi.org/10.2174/1875044301205010047
5. Zhou Q, Verne L, Fields J, Lefante J, Basra S, Salameh H, Verne N. (2019). Randomised placebo-controlled trial of dietary glutamine supplements for postinfectious irritable bowel syndrome. Gut, 68(6), 996-1002, https://doi.org/10.1136/gutjnl-2017-315136
6. Kim M., Kim H. (2017). The roles of glutamine in the intestine and its implication in intestinal diseases. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 18(5), 1051, https://doi.org/10.3390/jims18051051
7. Ramezani Ahmadi A, Rayyani E, Bahreini M, Mansoori A. (2019). The effect of glutamine supplementation on athletic performance, body composition, and immune function: A systematic review and a meta-analysis of clinical trials. Clinical Nutrition, 38(3):1076-1091. DOI: 10.1016/j.clnu.2018.05.001.
8. Candow DG, Chilibeck PD, Burke DG, Davison KS, Smith-Palmer T. (2001). Effect of glutamine supplementation combined with resistance training in young adults. Eur J Appl Physiol, 86(2):142-9. DOI: 10.1007/s00421-001-0523-y.
9. Hakimi M., Mohamadi M., Ghaderi, Z. (2012). The effects of glutamine supplementation on performance and hormonal responses in non-athlete male students during eight week resistance training. Journal of Human Sport and Exercise, 7(4), 770-782, https://doi.org/10.4100/jhse.2012.74.05
10. Waldron M, Ralph C, Jeffries O, Tallent J, Theis N, Patterson SD. (2018). The effects of acute leucine or leucine-glutamine co-ingestion on recovery from eccentrically biased exercise. Amino Acids, 50(7):831-839. DOI: 10.1007/s00726-018-2565-z.
11. Tajari SN, Rezaee M, Gheidi N. (2010). Assessment of the effect of l-glutamine supplementation on DOMS. Br J Sports Med, 44(1). Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bjsm.2010.078725.143
Servings per container - 100
Serving Size - 1 Scoop - (5g)
Amount Per 1 Scoop
Less than 40Kj
Percent daily values based on a 2,000 Calorie Diet
Ingredients: Pharmaceutical Grade L-Glutamine
Shipping, Returns & Payment Info
We offer FREE domestic shipping within the USA for orders over $100. For orders under $100, shipping starts at just $6.95.
International shipping prices start at $15 and may vary based on the weight and location of your order. For a detailed breakdown of our shipping rates, please refer to our shipping policy page.
Order processing time:
Once we receive your order, our team will promptly pick, pack, and process it within 48 business hours*. You'll receive an email with your tracking details as soon as your order has been processed, so you can stay updated on its delivery.
Estimated delivery time:
Delivery times vary depending on your location. Here are some estimated delivery times:
- Domestic USA: 4-7 business days
- Canada: 5-10 business days
- South America: 7-10 business days
- Australia/Asia: 10-14 business days
- UK/Europe: 7-14 business days
- Middle East/Africa: 12-20 business days
For a detailed breakdown of our delivery estimates, please refer to our shipping policy page.
With our affordable shipping rates and speedy processing times, you can expect your EHPlabs order to arrive at your doorstep in no time.
Exhanges & Returns
We're here to help make sure you're completely satisfied with your purchase from EHPlabs!
If for any reason you receive a damaged or incorrect product, simply let us know within 7 days of delivery and we'll be happy to replace it or refund your purchase price.You can start a return by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you receive a defective or damaged item, don't worry! Just contact us right away and we'll work with you to evaluate the issue and make things right. Please take a photo of the issue so we can quickly resolve the problem.
While we're unable to accept returns on certain items, such as opened supplements, clearance items, loyalty points, and gift cards, we're always happy to help with any questions or concerns you have about your specific order.
And don't worry, we're always here to help with exchanges as well! Just return the original item and make a separate purchase for the new one.
We'll be sure to notify you once we receive and inspect your return. If approved, we'll refund your original payment method within 10 business days of receipt. If you have any questions about the process and if it's been more than 15 business days since your return was approved, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
We're always here to help.
Shopping has never been easier with our flexible payment options.
Choose from our range of convenient payment methods, including Buy Now, Pay Later services such as AfterPay, Klarna, Shop Pay, and Sezzle.
If you prefer to pay on the spot, we also accept all major credit cards, including AMEX, Mastercard, and VISA. With so many options to choose from, you can shop with confidence and convenience.
Achieve your goals with this scientifically researched shredding formula containing proven ingredients that help promote fat loss, boost immunity and provide a natural energy boost. Oxyshred Ultra Concentration comes in delicious flavours for all tastes, and ticks all the boxes for those wanting to shred and reach their full potential!Read more