Promotes lean muscle protein synthesis and improves natural human growth hormone release.
L-Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid found in muscle cells, comprising over 60% of skeletal muscle. Among 20 amino acids, glutamine provides the most versatility of amino acid metabolism and immune function and plays a vital role in intestinal health. However, glutamine needs can often be greater than its ability to produce it, therefore adequate intake and supplementation can be of great benefit.
EHPlabs’ L-Glutamine is HPLC tested to ensure that it is the highest quality pharmaceutical grade glutamine.
ENHANCES IMMUNITY & OPTIMIZES INTESTINAL HEALTH
Glutamine is highly utilised by the immune system as glutamine is essential for immune cell proliferation and function ¹. Various factors such as increased physical activity, can reduce levels of circulating glutamine, therefore making these individuals more susceptible to illness ²³. L-glutamine has also been shown to boost immune system function through inhibition of inflammatory responses ¹. As a result, glutamine supplementation has been shown amongst various studies to increase glutamine concentrations and support the immune system ³.
Glutamine also plays a major role in digestive health. This is because the gut is where glutamine is mostly metabolized ⁴. Glutamine is responsible for helping repair and maintain gut barrier function of the small intestines ⁴. Glutamine also helps protect the intestines from damage and injury ⁴. As a result, glutamine supplementation can help improve gut health, and even help reduce symptoms and severity of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), and digestive issues commonly associated with celiac disease ⁴ ⁵ ⁶
INCREASES LEAN MUSCLE MASS & DELAYS DOMS
L-glutamine is an amino acid which serves as a building block for protein, aiding in muscle gain and exercise performance. According to a recent meta-analysis, glutamine has a significant effect on weight reduction ⁷. This can be supported by a study in which participants took glutamine during six weeks of weight training and showed an increase in lean tissue mass and improved strength ⁸. Another study showed that eight weeks of glutamine supplementation resulted in increased upper and lower body strength, increased muscular power, and reduced body fat ⁹. Findings also show that supplementation increases the rate of recovery after exercise, reduces muscle damage, and reduces DOMS ¹⁰¹¹.
Take 1 to 2 scoops with 10 oz (295ml) of water. Do not exceed 3 scoops in one day.
WHAT IS GLUTAMINE?
Glutamine is a naturally occurring amino acid that can be produced by your body, but is one of the most important supplements you need for physical training. This is due to the fact that the majority of your glutamine is stored in muscles, so a significant amount (~50%) can be lost after an intense workout.
This makes glutamine one of the most important supplements there is for those who visit the gym regularly or are bodybuilders. It has anti-catabolic effects to reduce muscle wasting and improve muscle anabolism, helps to hydrate muscle cells, improves immune function, boost growth hormone levels and increase glycogen storage.
HOW MANY SERVINGS OF GLUTAMINE CAN I TAKE PER DAY?
Start with 1 scoop per day, and if desired slowly work your way up to 2 scoops if you're able to tolerate it. Don't exceed more than 10g at a time, so if taking large amounts of Glutamine split it into 10g doses throughout the day.
WHAT TIME OF DAY SHOULD I TAKE GLUTAMINE?
Glutamine should be taken immediately post-workout as your intramuscular levels will be at their lowest, and it will have the greatest absorption and uptake at that time. On non-training days, it is best taken in the morning.
WHAT MAKES EHPLABS’ L-GLUTAMINE THE THE HIGHEST GRADE GLUTAMINE?
Here at EHPLabs, our scientists have worked tirelessly to create the highest quality of L-Glutamine - it is 100% pure pharmaceutical grade L-Glutamine with no added fillers or cheap bulking ingredients that some other supplements may have.
IS GLUTAMINE STACK SAFE WITH ANY OTHER PRODUCTS FROM THE EHPLABS RANGE?
Yes, our glutamine has been scientifically designed to be stack safe with all of our EHPLabs products.
I’M NEW TO THE GYM - IS GLUTAMINE ESSENTIAL TO MY PROGRESSION?
Being new to the gym, glutamine will be of large benefit to you as it will help you to maximise the effects of your workouts and help with your progression throughout your journey.
As it helps to prevent muscle breakdown, enhances growth hormone levels and helps to hydrate your muscle cells, it will assist you to achieve your goals and progress in a faster way than you would without it.
WHAT POSITIVE EFFECTS DOES GLUTAMINE HAVE FOR ME OUTSIDE OF THE GYM?
Glutamine is a crucial amino acid in your body and plays many roles. Even outside of the gym, glutamine is used by your body in high amounts during periods of stress, helps to improve immune function, supports digestive health, mental wellness and also helps to improve muscle glycogen stores independent of insulin.
1. Cruzat V, Macedo Rogero M, Noel Keane K, Curi R, Newsholme P. (2018). Glutamine: Metabolism and Immune Function, Supplementation and Clinical Translation. Nutrients, 10(11):1564. DOI: 10.3390/nu10111564.
2. Calder PC, Yaqoob P. (1999). Glutamine and the immune system. Amino Acids, 17, 227–24, https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01366922
3. Gleeson, M. (2008). Dosing and efficacy of glutamine supplementation in human exercise and sport training. The Journal of Nutrition, 138(10), 2045-2049, https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/138.10.2045S
4. Rao R., Samask G. (2012). Role of glutamine in protection of intestinal epithelial tight junctions. Journal of Epithelial Biology & Pharmacology, 5(1-7), 47-54, https://doi.org/10.2174/1875044301205010047
5. Zhou Q, Verne L, Fields J, Lefante J, Basra S, Salameh H, Verne N. (2019). Randomised placebo-controlled trial of dietary glutamine supplements for postinfectious irritable bowel syndrome. Gut, 68(6), 996-1002, https://doi.org/10.1136/gutjnl-2017-315136
6. Kim M., Kim H. (2017). The roles of glutamine in the intestine and its implication in intestinal diseases. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 18(5), 1051, https://doi.org/10.3390/jims18051051
7. Ramezani Ahmadi A, Rayyani E, Bahreini M, Mansoori A. (2019). The effect of glutamine supplementation on athletic performance, body composition, and immune function: A systematic review and a meta-analysis of clinical trials. Clinical Nutrition, 38(3):1076-1091. DOI: 10.1016/j.clnu.2018.05.001.
8. Candow DG, Chilibeck PD, Burke DG, Davison KS, Smith-Palmer T. (2001). Effect of glutamine supplementation combined with resistance training in young adults. Eur J Appl Physiol, 86(2):142-9. DOI: 10.1007/s00421-001-0523-y.
9. Hakimi M., Mohamadi M., Ghaderi, Z. (2012). The effects of glutamine supplementation on performance and hormonal responses in non-athlete male students during eight week resistance training. Journal of Human Sport and Exercise, 7(4), 770-782, https://doi.org/10.4100/jhse.2012.74.05
10. Waldron M, Ralph C, Jeffries O, Tallent J, Theis N, Patterson SD. (2018). The effects of acute leucine or leucine-glutamine co-ingestion on recovery from eccentrically biased exercise. Amino Acids, 50(7):831-839. DOI: 10.1007/s00726-018-2565-z.
11. Tajari SN, Rezaee M, Gheidi N. (2010). Assessment of the effect of l-glutamine supplementation on DOMS. Br J Sports Med, 44(1). Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bjsm.2010.078725.143
Achieve your goals with this scientifically researched shredding formula containing proven ingredients that help promote fat loss, boost immunity and provide a natural energy boost. Oxyshred Ultra Concentration comes in delicious flavours for all tastes, and ticks all the boxes for those wanting to shred and reach their full potential!Read more