Weight Loss Support
EHPlabs Acetyl-L-carnitine is 100% pure, highest quality pharmaceutical grade formula on the market.Acetyl-L-carnitine, also known as ALC is a naturally occurring amino acid which is stored in the muscles, with trace amounts in the liver and blood. It promotes the transportation of free fatty acids into the mitochondria (core of the cells), where this fat is burned off as energy. ALC also assists in muscle recovery after strenuous exercise and promotes optimal heart and brain function.
We recommend mixing ALC with our world renowned formula, OxyShred. This will help increase how much you're consuming and take your focus, fat burning and energy production to a whole new level!
ENHANCED FAT BURNING
L-carnitine stimulates the body into burning fatty acids (triglycerides) and has been suggested to increase the body’s ability to burn fat by helping move more fatty acids into the cells to be burned for energy. L-Carnitine supplementation has shown to provide a modest body weight, BMI and fat mass reduction, particuarly in overweight and obese individuals ¹. This can be supported by a previous study which found that those who supplemented with L-carnitine lost an average of 2.9 pounds (1.3 kg) more than those who didn’t ².
ASSIST IN HEALTHY BRAIN FUNCTION
Current literature suggests that Acetyl L-Carnitine supplementation may improve markers of learning and prevent age-related mental decline ³. It has been demonstrated to improve brain function and short-term memory in healthy older adults. It may also have a beneficial effect on Alzheimer-type dementia ⁴.
SUPPORT HEART HEALTH
Acetyl L-Carnitine is involved in lipid oxidation and glucose metabolism by stimulating the activity of the pyruvate dehydrogenase complex and activating the glycolytic pathway which is responsible for glucose breakdown (glycolysis). It assists in the breakdown of long-chain fatty acids and improves Beta oxidation, a metabolic process by which fatty acid molecules are broken down to produce energy. This helps to increase adenosine triphosphate (ATP), responsible for cellular functions within the body. Evidence suggests that Acetyl L-Carnitine supplementation may have positive effects on the lipid profile by counteracting the shift in use of carbohydrates to lipids commonly observed with insulin resistance ⁵. This is of particular benefit for those suffering with Type 2 Diabetes. Supplementation has also shown to reduce blood pressure and decrease the risk of inflammatory processes associated with heart disease ⁶.
IMPROVE EXERCISE PERFORMANCE
L-Carnitine may improve exercise performance and recovery due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties shown to reduce exercise-induced muscle damage. It has been demonstrated to increase oxygen supply and blood flow to the muscles, helping reduce fatigue, muscle soreness and delay discomfort ⁷.
- Mobilizes and transports fat to use it for energy
- Enhances fat burning
- Provides energy throughout the day and improves focus
- Reduces fat storage
- Faster recovery after workouts
- Supports brain and heart health
Get your tub today and stack it with your favourite EHPlabs products for optimal benefits!
Mix 1-2 scoops with 10 Ounces (295 ml) of water, juice or beverage of your choice. Do not exceed 5 scoops per day. Acetyl L-Carnitine is 100% stack-safe and can ideally be added to OxyShred to maximize metabolic activity and fat loss.
Amount / serving
* Percent daily value are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Ingredients - 100% Pharmaceutical Grade Acetyl L-Carnitine
Aside from transporting free fatty acids, what else does Acetyl L-Carnitine do?
Acetyl L-Carnitine is well known for producing energy, improving brain performance, decreasing stress and depression, and slowing the effects of ageing related diseases including dementia.
What should I feel when I consume Acetyl L-Carnitine?
EHPlabs Acetyl L-Carnitine is pharmaceutical grade and contains no additional stimulants. You will not feel any major high stim effects, however, Acetyl L-Carnitine will work alongside your natural biological processes to utilize fat cells to increase energy (ATP) production and will lead to increased sweating during training. This indicates that your metabolism is speeding up and you’re burning more calories during your training.
What does it taste like?
Acetyl L-Carnitine has a slightly tart/sour taste, but it is subtle enough that you will barely notice the taste when you add it to OxyShred or Beyond BCAA.
1. Talenezhad N, Mohammadi M, Ramezani-Jolfaie N, Mozaffari-Khosravi H, Salehi-Abargouei A. Effects of l-carnitine supplementation on weight loss and body composition: A systematic review and meta-analysis of 37 randomized controlled clinical trials with dose-response analysis. Clin Nutr ESPEN. 2020 Jun;37:9-23. DOI: 10.1016/j.clnesp.2020.03.008.
2. Pooyandjoo M, Nouhi M, Shab-Bidar S, Djafarian K, Olyaeemanesh A. The effect of (L-)carnitine on weight loss in adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Obes Rev. 2016 Oct;17(10):970-6. DOI: 10.1111/obr.12436. Epub 2016 Jun 22. PMID: 27335245.
3. Ando S, Tadenuma T, Tanaka Y, Fukui F, Kobayashi S, Ohashi Y, Kawabata T. Enhancement of learning capacity and cholinergic synaptic function by carnitine in aging rats. J Neurosci Res. 2001 Oct 15;66(2):266-71. DOI: 10.1002/jnr.1220.
4. Rai G, Wright G, Scott L, Beston B, Rest J, Exton-Smith AN. Double-blind, placebo controlled study of acetyl-l-carnitine in patients with Alzheimer's dementia. Curr Med Res Opin. 1990;11(10):638-47. DOI: 10.1185/03007999009112690.
5. Mingrone G. Carnitine in type 2 diabetes. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004 Nov;1033:99-107. DOI: 10.1196/annals.1320.009. PMID: 15591007.
6. Ruggenenti P, Cattaneo D, Loriga G, Ledda F, Motterlini N, Gherardi G, Orisio S, Remuzzi G. Ameliorating hypertension and insulin resistance in subjects at increased cardiovascular risk: effects of acetyl-L-carnitine therapy. Hypertension. 2009 Sep;54(3):567-74. DOI: 10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.109.132522.
7 . Sawicka AK, Renzi G, Olek RA. The bright and the dark sides of L-carnitine supplementation: a systematic review. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 17, 49 (2020). Available from: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12970-020-00377-2
Mobilize stubborn fat
Improve focus & energy
100% pharmaceutical grade
Acetyl L-Carnitine | Weight Loss Support
EHPlabs Acetyl-L-carnitine is 100% pure, highest quality pharmaceutical grade formula on the market.Acetyl-L-carnitine, also known as ALC is a naturally occurring amino acid which is stored in the muscles, with trace amounts in the liver and blood. It promotes the transportation of free fatty acids into the mitochondria (core of the cell... Learn more
Burning stubborn fat
Acetyl L-Carnitine is often used as a fat burner and while it is not as potent as thermogenic fat burners (that boost metabolism), Acetyl L-Carnitine makes fat more mobile and better able to enter the fat burning cells called mitochondria. This “switches on” fat burning so you can burn fat more effectively – especially during exercise. This is why Acetyl L-Carnitine is often added to pre and intra-workout drinks.
What is Acetyl L-Carnitine?
It is a naturally occurring amino acid that promotes the transportation of free fatty acids into the mitochondria (core of the cells), where they are burned off as energy. Acetyl L-Carnitine also assists muscle recovery after strenuous exercise and promotes optimal heart and brain function.
When to take it?
1) First thing in the morning to maximize fat burning throughout the day. Mix it in with your morning OxyShred for great results.
2) Mix it with OxyShred, PSI or RP Max 20 minutes before training to provide extra energy, endurance and focus.
All of our products are developed and manufactured in GMP & NSF certified facilities using only premium quality ingredients.
We test our products using the most advanced pharmaceutical-grade, triple-phase testing that exceeds all standards in the supplement industry.
Latches onto fatty acids and shuttles them into mitochondria (the powerhouse of the cell) to be used for energy.
The “Acetyl” group allows L-Carnitine to cross the blood brain barrier which allows carnitine to enhance memory and cognition
JOIN THE EHP FAMILY
TRUSTED BY MILLIONS WORLDWIDE
Our promise to you is simple - to go above and beyond at every opportunity to help you reach your health and fitness goals. We want to be there for you every step of the way
Receive expert advice on: Training | Healthy Eating & Recipes | Mindset & Motivation | Supplementation