Blessed Banana Nut Muffins
- 1 cup plain all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ scoops of Blessed Protein Banana Bread
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅓ cup plant milk, we used almond milk
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 2 handfuls of roughly chopped nuts, we used walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 425°F or 220°C and line a 6-muffins pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together mashed bananas, plant milk, vanilla extract and maple syrup.
- In the same bowl, add the remaining dry ingredients, including Blessed Protein Banana Bread and mix until combined. Fold in your chopped nuts, saving some for the topping.
- Evenly divide the batter between the 6 muffin wrappers. Press in the remaining chopped nuts on top. Brush on maple syrup to each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
No muffin wrappers handy? Make your own cutting some baking sheet paper and crease into the muffin tin. Looks cute and rustic!
SERVING SIZE: 6 Muffins
1550 calories, 82g protein, 46g fat, 211g carbs
Macro breakdown per muffin: 258 calories, 13.5g protein, 7.5g fat, 35g carbs