The $250k EHP Body Transformation Challenge is fast approaching!
If you're looking to drop fat, build muscle, have a more positive mindset and improve your fitness, there's a program just for you.
Check out our top tips to ensure you kick things off with a bang!
1. STAY FOCUSED AND MEASURE YOUR PROGRESS
To keep track of your progress, make sure you take before and after full body photos and record your measurements. You may also find it beneficial to write weekly journal entries on how you’re feeling, what goals you have for the week and reflect on your adherence. This will help keep you accountable throughout the journey.
2. OPTIMISE YOUR NUTRITION
Access a database of over 600 delicious, macro-friendly recipes tailored to your goals- tacos, nachos, pasta, curries, stir-fry’s, pizza, burgers, are some of the everyday recipes for you to enjoy. We’ve added a bunch of new recipes based on YOUR requests.
You can be sure your sweet tooth cravings will also be satisfied with some of the delicious new recipes including; banana muffins, snickers oats, biscoff french toast, nutella fondant and more!
MEAL PREP GUIDE
We've listed the most important tips for mastering meal prepping and break down the process into a few simple steps.
- Set aside time each week to browse, swap and choose the 5 meals you will eat each day which are best suited for you.
- During your grocery shop, utilise the ‘shopping list’ function in the app to see exactly what ingredients you will need for the week.
- Always stay prepared by batch cooking your meals and storing the leftovers in the fridge or freezer. You can also order your groceries online or buy pre-chopped vegetables and meat to save time.
Check out “The Lazy Guide To Meal Prep” blog on our website for more in depth tips!
PANTRY CLEANING CHECKLIST
Now is not only the perfect time to reset your health from the inside out, but your pantry too. Our pantry cleaning checklist will get your pantry clean and organized with these simple steps, making sure you're prepared and stocked up with all you need for your transformation journey!
Start by clearing out energy dense foods to avoid temptation- out of sight, out of mind. That means getting rid of processed foods including; store-bought sweets, white sugar, vegetable oil, store-bought fruit juice and fizzy drinks, creamy sauces, potato crisps and deep-fried foods.
Stocking up with more nutrient dense foods from your EHPlabs app shopping list, you’ll be prepared and have all you need to make your challenge meals with ease. Here’s how to keep your food safe and fresh:
- Store meals in an air-tight glass container and be sure to place them in the fridge within 1-2 hours of the meal being cooked.
- Cooked chicken, beef or seafood lasts up to 3 days in the fridge. Cooked eggs last up to 7 days in the fridge and cooked pasta and grains last 5 -7 days in the fridge.
- Freeze cooked meals for 3 months for optimal safety.
- Wrap leafy greens in a paper towel to avoid excess moisture and spoilage.
- Only wash fresh fruit and vegetables right before eating them.
- Avoid storing bread in the fridge and freeze it in portions instead.
- Keep tender herbs (parsley, basil, coriander) in water and cover with a loose plastic bag over the top.
Use lemon juice to preserve sliced avocado.
Keep in mind that focusing on nutrition and delicious wholefoods will help you achieve the most optimal results during the challenge!
3. ENSURE YOU GET AN ADEQUATE AMOUNT OF SLEEP
You should always aim for 7-9 hours of sleep each night for successful weight management and regulation of bodily functions. Be sure to avoid blue light exposure and caffeinated drinks too close to your bedtime. It’s also important to establish a regular routine by going to bed and waking up around the same time each day.
4. GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR WORKOUTS
Before you start each workout, it’s important to warm up first. A good warm up will prime the muscles and keep you training for longer by preventing injuries. We have included a warm up tip in the training section of the app so be sure to check it out before you get started!
Each program has a 5 or 6 day training split with the option of home or gym based workouts. We have incorporated aspects of strength, cardio and HIIT, including a variety of exercises to target specific muscle groups. You can also swap and change any exercises for ones you’d prefer. To get the most out of your workouts, always give it 100% from start to finish.
5. STAY HYDRATED
Don’t neglect drinking a minimum 2L of water per day to prevent dehydration and keep you performing at your peak level. This can be easily achieved by drinking a glass of water upon rising, before each meal and before you go to sleep as well as keeping a water bottle with you, wherever you go!
6. CHOOSE THE RIGHT MEAL PLAN FOR YOUR GOAL
Not sure which meal plan to choose for the EHPlabs 8 week BODY TRANSFORMATION challenge? Not to worry! We have covered the key points you should consider when picking the meal plan that is most suitable for you and your goals.
- This calorie level is most suited for females who wish to drop a significant amount of body fat.
- This calorie level is not advised for males or highly active females.
- Please note this is a very low calorie level and if you find yourself feeling lethargic and extremely hungry, you should opt for the 1800 calorie option instead.
- This calorie level is most suited for females who wish to steadily drop body fat
- You should feel adequately fueled and energized on this meal plan.
- This calorie level is not advised for males.
- This calorie level is most suited for females who wish to to tone up and improve their body composition
- If you are happy with your current weight, this calorie level will help you to transition into a lean muscle building phase.
- This calorie level will assist with fat loss for males.
- This calorie level is most suited for males who wish to steadily drop body fat.
- This calorie level will help fuel lean muscle growth in females for a sculpted physique.
- This calorie level is most suitable for males who wish to gain lean muscle and improve muscle definition.
- This calorie level is suitable for highly active females who are willing to take their muscle gain and strength to another level.
- This calorie level is most suited for males who wish to gain a significant amount of muscle mass and size.
Challenge access opens on April 4th, so be sure to have the EHPlabs app downloaded by then.
It’s time to get pumped and TRANSFORM YOUR BODY when it officially begins!